I think you’ll find this teaching to be one of the most intriguing and interesting subjects ever revealed by the Holy Spirit.
I took some pretty good notes throughout the entire video teaching of Perry’s talk on this subject. I’m posting the text in detail because it seems that the video taping #316 doesn’t always play very well. To see the video of this teaching; click The Future:Genesis In Reverse and view all 3 parts: Otherwise, read on!
A foundational scripture to keep in mind throughout this teaching is Eccl 1:9:
“That which has been is what will be, that which is done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.”
And again in Eccl 3:14-15, where it says the same thing.
I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him. That which is has already been, and what is to be has already been; and God requires an account of what is past.
Often we’ve heard that history will eventually repeat itself. For Example:
In the beginning of Jesus’ ministry He fasted for 40 days (Matt 4:2); At the end of His ministry He was alive for 40 days. (Acts 1:3) There’s a pattern of 40 days here.
At the beginning of Jesus’ ministry Satan said “If you are the Son of God…” (Matt 4:3); At the end of His ministry they were saying “If you are the Son of God…” (Matt 27:57-60)
At the beginning of Jesus’ ministry there was a King Herod (Matt 2:1) who died after His birth; At the end of Jesus’ ministry there was another King Herod. (Luke 9:7-9)
Things generally end the way they begin… And as they began, so will they end. History repeats itself.
Take another example the life of Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy (JFK):
- They were elected exactly 100 years apart.
- Both of their VPs were born 100 years apart.
- Both of their assigns were born 100 years apart.
- Both of them were shot in the head in the presence of their wife.
- Both lost a child while living in the White House as President.
- Both foresaw that they were going to be killed.
- Lincoln was shot in the Ford Theater; Kennedy was shot in a Ford Lincoln automobile.
- Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy; Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln.
These are only just a few parallels showing (Eccl 1:9 – “The thing that has been, so it shall be…”)
Also, consider the parallels of King Herod and to Yasser Arafat:
- Both were leaders in an area known as Palestine.
- Both were sick when there was an eclipse of the moon.
- The cause of their illnesses was unknown.
- Both went outside their home to find a cure.
- Both had political dealings with the Jews.
- Both were hated by the majority of the Jews.
- Both met with men from Babylon (Magi) and Persian leaders.
- Both dealt with traitors in a violent manner.
- Both died in the month of November.
- It was speculated that both were poisoned.
- Both had very large funerals in their country.
- Both had dealings with Bethlehem (Herod is buried there).
- Both ordered innocent children to be killed (Herod the babies of Bethlehem; Arafat through terrorism).
- Both were reported dead before they actually died.
- Both escaped death several times during their lifetime.
- Both named no successor which caused confusion as to who was in charge.
- Both lived in a time when Christ was coming to earth.
- Both were very wealthy-much of it hidden from the population.
Again, what’s most interesting here is that you see how history repeats itself. The history of the past is the prophetic future.
Now turn to Genesis Ch. 11. Going backwards lets look at each chapter and see if there are words, phrases, or clues that parallel the end of days according to Revelation.
Chapter 11 deals with the Nations and the Tower of Babel:
- There is a universal language (Ch. 11:1-2, 4, 9)… Today, English is the universal language.
- Also, a group of men came from the east from the land of Shanar; A tower had been build and was destroyed.
Now if we look at what has caused the entire world to change, it’s all centered around 9/11. The “War on Terror” has affected the world. A group of men who are from the East came and destroyed the Twin Towers.
What’s interesting is that the tower of Babel fell in Babylon; which is today Iraq where war is fought and people are scattered. You say, “ok”, but keep reading!
Chapter 10 has a pattern that deals with the Sons of Japheth who are Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meschech, and Tiras:
This is important because one of the events that HAS NOT happened yet is the “Battle of Gog and Magog” of Ezekiel Ch. 38 & 39.
Gen 10:10 talks about the kingdom of Babel (a picture of Iraq). Verse 25 talks about “Peleg”, which in the Greek means “Earthquake”, “Division”, “The Earth was Divided”. The parallel is that these are the same territories that are spoken of in Ezk 38 & 39 as signs of the End-Times.
Chapter 9 discusses the days of Noah:
And in Luke 17:26 it talks about “And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of Man.
Now notice these three clues:
- Gen 9:6 – “ Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed; for in the image of God he made man”. This is a warning about shedding innocent blood which is going on all over the word today with abortions.
- Gen 9:21 – Noah planted a vineyard – “Then he drank of the wine and was drunk, and became uncovered in his tent.” The pattern here is drunkenness as Luke warned about as a sign of the last days (Luke 21:34).
- Gen 9:22 – “And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside.” Vs. 25 “So Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done to him.” The pattern here is homosexuality and its acceptance world-wide.
Chapter 8: One of the main themes listed here is the Dove, which is mentioned three different times in verses 9-12. According to Matthew 3:16, the Dove is a picture of the Holy Spirit.
This is a picture of God pouring out His Spirit in the last days, which happens prior to the Lord coming for the Bride (Rapture). We can of course already see an outpouring of the Spirit during the last century. More so as of late where you see more Baptists, Catholics, Lutherans, etc. being baptized in the Holy Spirit. It’s not just limited to the Charismatic churches any longer.
Chapter 7: One of the keys here is in verse 11:
“…on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.”
This alludes to terrible weather patterns coming (i.e., Tsunamis from the “deep”, and Hurricanes/Storms from the “windows of heaven”.) As birth pains come upon a woman with child, so will there be more upon us very soon.
Chapter 6: It tells us that the earth has become extremely populated.
And “that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” “And that violence had filled the earth.”
This is already happening and will only continue to happen until the Lord comes.
Now in 2 Thessalonians 2:7, the bible speaks of when violence reaches it peak, or that the cup of iniquity is full, the Lord returns and the “Man of Sin” is revealed.
Chapter 5:24: This is where Enoch is out walking with the Lord and is caught up, or translated to Heaven to be with the Lord. This is a picture of the Rapture.
Chapter 4:8: Here you have Cane killing Able. And we know from the bible that people will be killed and martyred for receiving Jesus Christ during the Tribulation period.
Then in verse 15, you have a Mark being put on Cane’s head. This could be a hint concerning the “Mark of the Beast”, that will be on the Right Hand or Forehead, which is found in Rev 13:16. Could this be yet again, more proof of a Pre-Tribulation Rapture?
Cane is also saying that his punishment will be 7 times or 7 fold… And the coming Tribulation period is 7 years in length split into two periods of 42 months (Rev 11:2, 13:5). This is an allusion of the Tribulation Period.
Isn’t this amazing how God appears to be letting us know the future by these patterns and parallels?
Chapter 3: This chapter deals with the binding of Satan.
Verse 15 says, “I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.
Therefore; after the Tribulation God deals with the binding of Satan Rev 20:2-3.
“He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.”
This is the predicted defeat of Satan.
Chapter 2: After the binding of Satan; Jesus rules and reigns for 1000 years.
Verse 2:1 says: “Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished.” V4 “This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created…” This could be alluding to the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ.
Then after the Millennial reign we step into Eternity where everything is created perfect.
Chapter 1: Everything was perfect at the time God created the Garden of Eden.
It’s going to end the way it started!
Check this out:
In Chapters 1&2, there’s NO Sin, NO Pain; NO Sorrow; NO Death; NO Mention of the Devil; and God walks with Man; and the last two chapters of Revelation there is NO SIN; NO Pain; NO Sorrow; NO Death; NO Mention of the Devil; and God walks with Man. It’s going to end the way it started.
Our God is a God of patterns, symbolism, types, and shadows. In order to tap into the deeper things of God you have to know how God works.
Remember Eccl 1:9 “That which has been is what will be, that which is done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.”
One of the main key points to this entire study is how in Ch. 5 Enoch is translated (Raptured) to Heaven BEFORE the Tribulation of Ch. 4.
Although this is a very unique way to look at scripture and it’s only a theory; it very well could be true.
In His Mighty Grip!